Bangkok, March 14 2013: Thailand Travel Mart Plus Amazing Gateway to the Greater Mekong Subregion - the largest business-to-business travel trade fair of the kingdom – will be held between 5-7 June, 2013 at the Exhibition Centre Hall, IMPACT, Muang Thong Thani.
Four key niche-market segments to be highlighted this year are Ecotourism, Golf, Health & Wellness, and Wedding & Honeymoon. TAT has carefully chosen other niche-market products to be showcased during the pre- and post-tours for the buyers and media. These include:
1) Thainess through Supreme Arts: Arts of the Kingdom (New Collections) and Queen Sirikit Museum of Textiles
2) Heritage of Thai Wellness: Thai Herbal Lozenges, the First Thai tradition of Medical School
3) Thainess through Culinary: Thai cooking by the River (Amita Thai Cooking Class)
4) Thainess through Trading Street: Chinatown, Sampheng Wholesale Market, Little India, Flower Market
5) New Fun in Bangkok: The Flow House Bangkok, and Thai Wake Park
6) Thainess through Martial Arts: Thai Kick Boxing
The post-tours include a biking tour to Suphan Buri in the Central region; the beach resorts of Pattaya, Rayong and Chanthaburi in the Eastern region, as well as those of Chumphon, Ko Tao and Ko Samui in the Southern region.
The North and Northeastern regions are covered in the form of three connecting routes to the neighbouring countries of the Greater Mekong Subregion, thus:
-Thailand and Beyond Myanmar: Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Lampang-Yangon
-Thailand and Beyond Cambodia: Bangkok-Buri Ram-Chanthaburi-Siem Reap
-Thailand and Beyond Lao PDR: Udon Thani–Vientiane–Vang Vieng–Luang Prabang.
In addition, TAT in coordination with the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) will also create a buyer’s forum under the topics of Creative Tourism, Dynamic Packaging, and ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
For further information about TTM+2013, please visit http://www.thailandtravelmartplus.com.
International Public Relations Division
Tourism Authority of Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2250 5500 ext. 4544-48
Fax: +66 (0) 2253 7419
Web site: www.tatnews.org